Post-Close Trading Update
William Hill PLC (LSE: WMH) (William Hill or the Group) announces a trading update for the 13 weeks from 1 October 2014 to 30 December 2014 (Q4) and the unaudited 52 weeks to 30 December 2014 (full year). The reported comparator periods are the 13 weeks and 52 weeks ended 31 December 2013.
- Full-year Group net revenue up 8% and operating profit1 up 11% to c£371m
- Continued year-on-year gaming growth in Q4 in both Online and Retail
- Q4 sports betting revenue progression impacted by customer-friendly results
- US profits ahead of expectations in Q4 and full-year
- Australian quarterly profit growth benefits from positive margin swing
- Continued commitment to responsible gambling: ‘Set Your Limits’ facility to be extended in January; Senet Group advertising campaign underway; and responsible gambling week planned for 26 January to 1 February 2015